Apple is planning to live stream its "Back to Mac" keynote later today.
Similar to last months event, Apple will broadcast its event online using Apples HTTP live streaming. Viewing will require a Mac running Safari on Snow Leopard or an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. The live broadcast is scheduled to being at 10AM PDT today (see other time zones).
Apple is expected to announce a new iLife suite and a new MacBook Air. According to reports, the new MacBook Air will be lighter and include a 11.6-inch display. The unofficial specifications are as follows:
- Smaller 11.6-inch display.
- 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (with a 2.33GHz option possible).
- 2GB of memory in the base configuration.
- No optical drive, naturally.
- Mini DisplayPort, USB, and SD card reader along the left-hand side and USB and power on the right (thats 2x USB).
- The trackpad has been updated to match that of the new MacBook Pros.
- Although smaller due to the 11.6-inch display, its still about the same thickness as the current MacBook Air.
- A black power key now sits immediately to the right of a smaller eject key on the MBAs keyboard; the round aluminum power button is gone. A design decision that might support the MBAs rumored instant-on capabilities though our source didnt see this functionality exhibited (possibly because it was running OS X 10.6.4).