Today, Stardock announced the highly anticipated release of its major v2.4 update and a free Co-op map pack DLC for its massive-scale RTS game, Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation. A Steam weekend sale will accompany the update’s release on August 24th and will have the game and its other DLC on sale for up to 50% off.
“This is a major update for the game,” said Stardock CEO Brad Wardell. “Nearly every aspect has been improved from the UI, to balance, to modding capabilities. As a thank you to our multiplayer community, we’re also releasing a free DLC that includes maps that are specifically meant to play co-op with your friends.”
v2.4 also features UI changes, campaign and scenario updates, improvements to the overall gameplay experience, and more. Here are some details about the features that have been added:
- UI: A full menu reworking makes the game more accessible with new orbital ability icons, improved chat displays, and more.
- Campaign and Scenarios: Several scenarios and all three campaigns have been updated to refine difficulty levels, adjust to the changes of previous updates, and improve the user experience.
- Modding: Modders have access to more parts of the game and will benefit from several changes that makes modding more intuitive.
- Balance: Changes to air units, anti-air, drones, and dreadnoughts will improve strategic persity. The Substrate receives some additional changes in order to differentiate themselves from the PHC.
- Vulkan Support: This graphics-rendering API offers enhanced OS compatibility and performance.
- Updated Benchmark: The benchmark has been updated so that players can see how well their PC runs under Vulkan.
Support for Vulkan, a graphics rendering API that improves OS compatibility and performance, is also included in v2.4. Ashes of the Singularity was one of the first DirectX 12 games. With this update for Escalation, the game continues to bring cutting edge technology to its players by adding support for Vulkan.
The free Co-Op Map Pack DLC also releases with v2.4. The DLC includes 9 brand new maps deliberately designed for cooperative play. Spawn points are placed to keep teammates close together to allow for combined attacks and strategies. Clearly defined resources for each player prevents any fighting over spawn locations or expansion opportunities and keep the maps fair and balanced for everyone.
The Co-Op Map Pack DLC is completely free and will be available on Steam or through Stardock. To learn about the upcoming maps and features in more detail, visit the forums.
Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock.