Asus made a number of announcements at its press briefing at Computex 2017 in Taipei. Along with taking the wraps off of its latest ZenBook and VivoBook laptops, it also revealed a Windows 10-powered all-in-one device and a Wi-Fi router.
Additionally, in order to entice hardcore gamers, the company also unveiled its new ROG Zephyrus GX501 gaming laptop. The machine has been designed as part of Nvidia's Max-Q initiative, which allows companies to build slim laptops with dedicated desktop-class GPUs.
Asus claims that its latest ROG Zephyrus is the "world's slimmest gaming laptop with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080". The laptop's profile varies from 17.9mm down to 16.9mm at its thinnest point. Asus says that even though this makes it the thinnest ROG laptop, the machine still has the power to match desktops with its dedicated high-end GPU. The VR-ready laptop is powered by a 7th-gen Intel Core i7 processor and Windows 10. The device is cooled by what Asus describes as a "clever new air-flow design", which it has dubbed as the Active Aerodynamic System.
The specifications of the Asus ROG Zephyrus are as follows:
- Display: 15.6” Full HD wide-view panel with anti-glare, 120Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Windows 10 Professional
- Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
- RAM: Up to 24GB DDR4 2400MHz
- Storage: M.2 PCIe x4 256/512GB/1TB SSD
- Connectivity: 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with Thunderbolt 3, 4 x USB 3.1, 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x 3.5mm headphone and mic combo jack
- Keyboard: Asus Aura RGB backlit chiclet keyboard with 30-key rollover; 1.4mm key travel
- Battery: 4 cell, 50Wh
- Weight: 2.2 kg (with battery)
Although Asus hasn't announced pricing details as of yet, it has cautioned that specifications of the machine may vary by region. The Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 will be available for purchase starting June 27, 2017, and you can find out more information by hitting the source link below.
Source and image: Asus