In a press release on its US website, Asus has (again) revealed the two newest additions to their Transformer line of hybrid laptop / tablets. The first device is the Transformer Book T100HA, with a detachable keyboard and an Atom x5 Z8500 at 2.24Ghz while the Transformer Book Flip TP200SA is a laptop with a touch screen and a 360° hinge to fold over into a tablet with a Braswell based Celeron N3050 powering it. Both processors are quad core and both devices come standard with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMC storage.
The devices seem exciting, with the press release covering the built in Windows 10 features such as stereo microphone arrays designed for Cortana and long battery lives with quick charging.
However both devices come standard with disappointing screen resolutions, with the new Transformer book coming in with a 10.1" 1280x800 IPS panel and the TP200SA sporting an 11.6" 1366x768 IPS screen. With even budget devices coming in with Full HD screens or better in 2015 this will likely make for a noticeably blurrier experience than the competition.
The full specs are included below, with the Transformer Book T100HA starting at $299 in the US and the Transformer Book Flip TP200SA coming in at $349 and both should be available later this month.
ASUS Transformer Book T100HA (SKU: T100HA-C4-GR)
- Quad-core Intel® Atom™ ‘Cherry Trail’ x5 Z8500 (up to 2.24 GHz, 2MB L2)
- Windows 10
- 10.1in WXGA (1280 x 800) IPS panel
- 4GB RAM
- 64 GB eMMC
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 1 x Micro USB port, 1 x Micro HDMI, 1 x Micro SD card slot, 1 x headphone/mic combo jack, 1 x Type-C USB 3.1 Gen1 (5Gbps) + Keyboard dock:1 x USB 2.0
Cameras 2MP front / 5MP back
Tablet: 10.43 x 6.89 x 0.33 inches
Keyboard Dock: 10.43 x 6.89 x 0.28~0.39 inches
Pad only: 1.28lbs
Keyboard dock: 1.04lbs
ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP200SA (SKU: TP200SA-DH04T)
- Quad-core Intel® Celeron® ‘Braswell’ N3050 (up to 2.16 GHz, 2MB L2)
- Windows 10
- 11.6in WXGA (1366 x 768) IPS panel
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB eMMC
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.1
- 1 x Micro HDMI, 1 x Micro SD card slot, 1 x headphone/mic combo jack, 1 x Type-C USB 3.1 Gen1, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0
Cameras VGA front
11.69 x 7.93 x 0.73 inches