Atom is a text editor that's modern, approachable, yet hackable to the core—a tool you can customize to do anything but also use productively without ever touching a config file. Atom comes pre-installed with four UI and eight syntax themes in both dark and light colors. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also install themes created by the Atom community or create your own.
Atom helps you write code faster with a smart, flexible autocomplete. Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
Version 1.21.0 notable changes:
- Language Server Protocol support and integration via atom-languageclient and atom-ide-ui.
- New filesystem watcher API to unify implementations and conserve system resources.
- More PR timeline events and build status are now available in the GitHub pane.
- MacOS native tabs are now supported.
- Restored Atom's ASAR archive to improve to improve performance in several scenarios, most notably installation on Windows.
- Lots of language-specific grammar improvements, including the addition of TypeScript.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware