Atom is a text editor that's modern, approachable, yet hackable to the core—a tool you can customize to do anything but also use productively without ever touching a config file. Atom comes pre-installed with four UI and eight syntax themes in both dark and light colors. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also install themes created by the Atom community or create your own.
Atom helps you write code faster with a smart, flexible autocomplete. Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
- You can now add co-authors to Git commits in the Git pane.
- It's now easier to undo and amend your last commit in the Git pane.
- You can now push and pull branches more easily from the status bar.
- You can now create pull requests from the GitHub pane.
- A closed tree view dock is no longer expanded when the 'Auto Reveal' option is enabled.
- Clip cursor width when soft-wrap is on and cursor is at the end of a line.
- Restore cursor position correctly after undo/redo when multiple editors are open for the same buffer.
- Prevent default editor commands from modifying read-only TextEditors.
- Separate the concept of "keyboard enabled" editor state from read-only editor state.
- Ensure that files are not opened incorrectly when multiple open requests occur simultaneously.
- Improve handling of line endings in Unicode files.
- Fixed an issue that causes the dock handle to break when an item is dragged over it.
- Clarify deprecation of undo: skip option.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware