avast! Free Antivirus represents the best free antivirus protection currently available on the market. This edition is FREE OF CHARGE for non-commercial & home use.
avast! Free Antivirus 2015 features and improvements:
- Ability to detect and decrypt TLS/SSL protected traffic in the Web-content filtering component. This feature will protect you against viruses coming through HTTPs traffic as well as adding compatibility for SPDY+HTTPS/ HTTP 2.0 traffic. You can tune/disable this feature in the settings section.
- A hardware based virtualization solution capable of running each Windows process in standalone safe virtualized environment (VM) and fully integrated to your desktop. Each process is executed in its own instance of VM, which means totally isolated from your other applications. This feature is now powering the Avast DeepScreen, resulting in better detection. Avast NG requires HW virtualization enabled.
Home Network Security
- Scan your home network for vulnerabilities (wifi status, connected devices, router settings, factory passwords, etc.). It helps to discover potential problems not isolated on the particular device only, but in the entire network of devices you use or connect to the Internet from.
- Integrated all on demand scans into one (Antivirus, Software updates, Home Network, GrimeFighter). One scan, different results and recommendations.
New Support System
- Easy contact for paid users to submit a ticket with all info included automatically. Improved knowledge base for free users. Help is completely online and is more up to date.
Changes in Avast! Free Antivirus 2015 10.4.2233:
- Better server selection list in SecureLine
- Fixed: Cleanup to stop on 99%
- Fixed: Problems with HTTPS certificates in Firefox after upgrade to Windows 10
- Fixed: Firewall not started after upgrade to Windows 10
- Fixed: Cleanup to report leftover files, when software was just updated and not uninstalled (e.g. Skype, Java)
- Fixed: Issues with payment gates
- Fixed: Issues with not showing images on some sites
- Fixed: Issues with Outlook 2003 context menu