Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
What's new in this version:
- Windows : Fixed MP4 muxer
- Windows : Patched x264 to use utf8, that should solve most of the bitrate too low errors
- All : Bumped x264 preset to v2 to make sure invalid Qp from older versions are not used any longer
- Mov : Fixed PCM/LPCM management
- Languages support for audio track