Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
Whats new in this version:
- Windows : Better management of non ascii filename with x264
- Images : Better support for bmp and jpeg
- Auto : Fixed PSP auto script (LJ)
- Packages: Better RPM generation (mit)
- Audio : Correct handling of 8Bits PCM in mp4/mov
- Build : Support for cmake 2.8.12 (2.8.13) (ajschult)
- mkv : Fixed seeking in mkv/h264
- TS/Audio: Extend support for SBR in AAC/LATM
- TS/H264 : Split at NALU boundaries, sometimes it was off by one byte