Avira today relased an updated version of the Avira Protection Cloud beta client. Why join the Protection Cloud? Band together with Avira and the whole user community to recognize and stop malware before it spreads and infects other users.
The Avira Protection Cloud is a user friendly tool that scans your computer using the latest technologies available. This is how it's done:
- A list of file locations frequently targeted by malware is generated (similar to that used in a quick scan with a regular Antivirus).The list includes running processes, programs that run at start-up and services.
- The hash (a digital fingerprint) of each file is generated and sent to the Avira Protection Cloud, which is then categorized as “clean” or “malware”.
- Unknown program files are uploaded to the Avira Protection Cloud for analysis.
- At the beta stage, each uploaded file is scanned inside the Avira Protection Cloud using the latest technologies.
- Once the uploaded files have been scanned in the Cloud, the Technical Preview Client displays all available results.
This is an early preview of our cloud technology, so your feedback is particularly important and appreciated. In case you encounter any challenges while using the Technical Preview Client, a log file will be generated in the install directory (apcdemo.log). This can provide you insights into what went wrong and can help us fix them. You can provide us with all your feedback here.