BlackBerry launched its Android flagship, the Priv, last October in various markets including the United States, where it was priced at $699 unlocked and off-contract. Earlier this month, the Priv got a permanent price cut there to $649 - but it's currently available for a lot less.
You can now buy the Priv for just $449.99 through a deal available via DailySteals.com. According to the description, the device is AT&T branded, but unlocked, which means you should be able to use it on other carriers, subject to network compatibility.
That price is almost $200 less than the Priv's newly-reduced official price tag, and nearly $290 below the $739.99 that you'd pay for the device on an AT&T plan. The offer will end later this week, so if you're thinking of going for it, make sure you don't wait too long.
The Priv's key specs include:
- Dual-curved 5.4-inch AMOLED with Quad HD (2560x1440px) resolution
- Hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 200GB)
- 18MP rear camera with Schneider-Kreuznach optics, optical image stabilization, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash and 4K video recording at 30fps
- 2MP front-facing camera with 720p video capture
- Slide-out physical QWERTY keyboard with capacitive touch
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Non-removable 3410mAh battery
- 147 x 77.2 x 9.4mm; 192g
It's worth noting that BlackBerry is still shipping the Priv with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop onboard. While the company recently launched a beta of its Android 6.0 update - over six months after Google originally released it - its official Marshmallow rollout appears unlikely to begin before June.