Blender, the open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. Available for Windows, Linux, Irix, Sun Solaris, FreeBSD or Mac OS X.
A range of 3D object types including polygon meshes, NURBS surfaces, bezier and B-spline curves, metaballs, vector fonts (TrueType, PostScript, OpenType) 'Smooth proxy' style catmull-clark subdivision surfaces Boolean mesh functions. Editing functions such as extrude, bevel, cut, spin, screw, warp, subdivide, noise, smooth Soft selection editing tools for organic modeling Python scripting access for custom tools .
- Linux; recompiled using different gcc
- Outliner: crash on selecting Script icon (Windows/Linux)
- Curve deform (CTRL+P) crashed in Linux
- Oops Schematic Window: switching from Outliner gave wrong transformed view
- 3D View: options "Home" and "View selected" (numpad dot) now show identical
- Mesh EditMode: selection buffer (zbuffered selection clip) now supports full 24 bits range (was 18 bits).
- Mesh Editmode: Edge Rotate didn't copy smooth or material flags
- Mesh Editmode: Loop Cut (Alt+T) now works with partially invisible (clipped outside window) vertices
- Rendering: Ray-trace transparant for Nurbs surfaces didn't work
- Game engine; World option "Physics engine" now is set to Sumo by default on reading older files.
- Yafray: rendering using plugin returns zbuffer info for post processing
- Yafray: support added for Material UV TexFace option
Screenshot: >> Click here <<
Download: Blender 2.35a
News source: softpedia.com