Buttercup is a password manager - an assistant for helping you store all of your login credentials. Buttercup helps you keep your accounts safe and assists you when you want to log in - all you need to do is remember just one password: your master password.
This is the Desktop application in the Buttercup suite, and there's also a mobile app and browser extension so that you can access your credentials anywhere. You store your credentials (login information) in a secure archive, which can then be stored on your own computer or any of our supported cloud services (like Dropbox, for example).
Archives are encrypted using the AES specification, and cannot be read by anyone besides those with the master password. Brute-force decryption is not technically possible. You should not share your archive with anyone, but rest assured: your contents are safe.
Buttercup is free to download and use and is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Buttercup 1.5.0 new features and improvements:
- New Menubar/Tray mode (Find from the View menu) #444
- Fixes an issue where Move to Groups was disabled on Linux #530
- Hides the entries filter/search box in favor of the new global search #556
- Improvements to the 1Password import process supporting new types #499
- New Languages: Hungarian 🇭🇺 and Czech 🇨🇿
- Full list of changes
Changes in Buttercup 1.5.1:
- This release changes the way the tray icon behaves in different platforms and fixes it's issues on Linux. #567 #566
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware