Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Changes in Bvckup 2 Release 75.9:
- Changes to the security attributes (Owner, Group, DACL) are now monitored for if the backup job is set to copy them.
- Previously, if a job was set to also copy Owner, Group or DACL information, it would do that only when file (or folder) was updating for some other reason. That is, it wasn't detecting changes to the security attributes, but it would gladly copy them when it had a chance.
- As of this release the app will now also query and compare security descriptors and then spit out respective "update" steps as needed.
- Note that it's also possible to clone SACL, but
- (a) this requires a manual edit of a backup INI file, because
- (b) accessing a SACL, even for reading, requires special privileges. The app *will* request them as needed, but if they aren't available, there'll be lots of interesting errors. Hence the extra hoops to jump through.
- Resolved the "~.swp file is in use" issue during the scan phase.
- In case when a destination snapshot file gets corrupted (due to improper PC shutdown for example), the app would previously log a cryptic error as per above. Resolved now.