Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
- Service account passwords now conform to Windows complexity requirements as per built-in security policy -- more specifically, the app now ensures that a randomly generated password for the bvckup2 service account contains an uppercase, a lowercase and one of digit characters.
- DFS reparse points are now processed by default -- that is, reparse points of 0x8000000A type are now traversed during the scanning phase and generally handled as regular folders.
- "No backups for 5 minutes after a reboot" option now supports Windows 10 reboots in Fast Start mode -- just what it says on the label, this option now properly works on W10 regardless of the reboot style.
- I will put the details on https://bvckup2.com/wip in a bit, because new W10 reboot mechanism is... just something else. Killed almost a week on this one.
- Fixed an UI issue in the "Scanning the archive" phase -- oddly enough the UI was missing a human description for this phase. No more.
- Fixed multiple UI issues with higher DPI display modes -- this mainly covers the appearance of comboboxes and droplists in secondary UI windows like Email Alerts. They appeared shorter in height than they supposed to be.
- Fixed an UI issue with the How To Send window layout -- minor OCD cleanup with 2px misalignment of some controls.
- Fixed handling of external "status *" command.
- Improved handling of swap file failure -- largely internal thing related to how the app handles edge failures in very large backups.