Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 Release 78.16 changelog:
- Resolved an issue with saving a snapshot of destination index when destination scan is cancelled mid-way through, whereby the snapshot should've not been saved. Obviously.
- Resolved an issue in a caching layer of the swap module, whereby entries that crossed a page boundary might've had their on-disk image saved incorrectly. This might've potentially led to swap-related errors or even a full-blown application crash.
- Starting with this release, we now build an alternative version of the setup package that includes an _uncompressed_ 64-bit binary. This is due to a rare (and currently unidentified) issue with upx compressor as per. The uninstaller and 32-bit bvckup2.exe in this setup package are still compressed.
- This version is distributed on as-needed basis only. If we ask you to switch to this version, then you will be automatically put on a dedicated update channel, meaning that "upx-less" installs will receive "upx-less" updates.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware