Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
- Added support for copying NTFS alternate data streams on files. See here for details\: https://bvckup2.com/wip/04102017 . NOTE that streams on *folders* are NOT replicated or processed in any way. This is by design, but it's subject to change in later releases.
- Reworked the [More Options] > [Copy Also] section of backup settings. See here for details: https://bvckup2.com/wip/03102017
- Reworked how security attributes (owner, group, DACL, SACL) are cloned. This was done with NtQuery/SetSecurityObject from Native API and it was setting each piece separately. Now it uses Get/SetSecurityInfo from Win32 API and it queries and sets all required bits in one go.
- Switching back to desktop mode now unconditionally removes "Bvckup 2 Service" user account if it exists. Previously, it was removing this account only if it was still used by the bvckup2 service. This led to an issue when the service was switched to run under another account and the app was switched to the desktop mode. At this point trying to switch the app back to the service mode would fail (as a precaution) as the "Bvckup 2 Service" account would already be there.
- Added support for 0xA000001D reparse point type, it is now ignored by default, as per https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/988
- Fixed an issue with reading plaintext passwords from the INI files, as per https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/411/5461
- Fixed an exclusion rule for OneDrive internal file to actually _exclude_ the file rather than _include_ it, as per https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/981/5453
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware