Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 Release 79.27 changelog:
- Resolved an issue with the program failing to initialize its window at launch (and complaining that something went wrong). This was due to support for "vertically maximized" window state that was added in the previous release. This state is not officially documented, so detecting it was based on heuristics, which proved to be insufficiently strict and prone to false positives on certain Windows 10 builds. Fixed these to be far more conservative.
- Resolved an issue with the diagnostic console caused by the switch to the new platform toolchain, again in the previous build.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware