Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 Release 80.7 changelog:
- Revised the logic used to detect out-of-sync snapshots - that is, when the program runs into an error that can only mean that its cached file index of destination is invalid, e.g. a folder that should be empty is not empty, a file that shouldn't exist is already there, etc. When this happens, the backup is cancelled and immediately re-run, but with destination re-scanned afresh. This release merely tightens up the list of exact errors and conditions that are used to detect these cases.
- Fixed an issue with the UI startup in service mode - this has to do with starting the UI under a _different_ user account for the _second_ time. More specifically - install the program, switch to the service mode, login under a different desktop user (or alternatively nuke the UI-side config folder), start the UI, exit it, start it again. At this point it used to start in the desktop mode instead of connecting to the service. No more of that now.
- Fixed a smaller issue with the 2-stage file copier. Two-stage copying is used when _updating_ files and the delta copying is off. The file will first be copied into a temp file, which will then renamed into its properly name backup copy. The issue was with detecting if the source file was actively changing during the copy and issuing a warning to that effect. More specifically, this warning was never issued and now it is.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware