Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 Release 80.8 changelog:
- Revised file attribute handling logic a bit - starting with this release, if the program sees a file system volume that supports the Archive attribute ONLY, then it will act as if this attribute is NOT supported either. This is a workaround for QNAP devices that will report Archive attributes set on files, but refuse to clear them.
- Fixed an issue with destination snapshot management. It has to do with handling of files that get renamed _and_ updated between the backup runs when the backup is aborted between these two actions.
- The problem was file's current timestamp was recorded in the snapshot after the rename and then again after the update. So the rename went through, but the update didn't, the file ended up looking like is was still in sync with the original. Kudos to Aram for not only managing to trigger this issue, but also for noticing and reporting it.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware