Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 Release 80.9 changelog:
- Added new time/speed estimator for longer file copies. Details are here - https://bvckup2.com/wip/14012020
- Added detailed logging around modified file archiving. When the archiving of _modified_ files is enabled, the program will now log timestamps and sizes of source and backup copies so that it'd be possible to understand why the file was deemed modified. This is the exact same information that is already logged for files being updated with regular (non-archiving) backups.
- Added an option for not retaining downloaded updates. When the program is updated using built-in Check For Updates function, all downloaded update packages are retained in its configuration directory. With this release it is now possible to tell the program to dispose of the updates once they are installed by by adding the following override to the engine settings: updates.conf.keep_downloads 0
- Cleaned up and re-balanced the logo a bit. The B in "Bvckup 2" was too heavy and "2" was off its proper pixel boundary.
- Fixed an issue with retrying the backup of new files - that is, if the backup of a brand new file failed on the first try, but succeeded on second, the program would panic (due to a wrong self-consistency check).
- Fixed a typo in a logging message. "Rebuild" => "rebuilt".
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware