Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
New features in Calibre 2.54.0:
- Edit metadata in bulk dialog: Allow configuring the types of generated covers.
- E-book viewer: Make the detection of note boundaries for popup footnotes a little more robust
- E-book viewer: Add options to control the amount the mouse wheel and arrow keys scroll by in flow mode
- When running the content server do not hide the main calibre window during shutdown until the content server has stopped. Show a shutting down message in the window so that the user knows what is happening.
- Edit Book: Check Book: Add a check for empty links
- DOCX Input: When the document has a Table of Contents created using the Word Table of Contents tool, keep a reference to it in the metadata. This is useful when converting to old style MOBI and you want to precisely control placement of the ToC.
- Fix auto-mounting of some types of devices not working on FreeBSD
- calibredb add: Fix the --cover option not working if the book being added has its own cover.
- E-book viewer: Fix mathematics being typeset at too small a font size on windows
- PDF Output: Fix occasional blank pages erroneously inserted in the text (at the end of an internal html file).
- Book details panel: Fix url:file:// identifiers not becoming links
- Fix fetch news dialog not rendering properly on HiDPI screens
- Fix a hard to trigger crash introduced in the previous release when using the conversion dialog
- Magyar Nemzet and Mult Kor by pofa
Improved news sources
- Nature News
- TIME Magazine
- Folha de Sao Paolo
- The New York Times Book Review