Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
New features in Calibre 2.73:
- Add a preference in Preferences->Look & Feel to hide the row numbers in the main book list.
- Allow Export/Import of column coloring and icon rules.
- Edit Book: Allow bulk changing of file extension for selected files by right clicking ont he selected files in the file browser.
- Edit Book: Check Book: Add a check for nav documents that contain no ToC in EPUB 3 books
- Edit Book: Check Book: Add a test to check if the embedded fonts in the book have their embedding permissions enabled
- Pressing the up arrow in an date edit with undefined value should jump to the current date rather than Feb 101
- EPUB Input: When an invalid nav based ToC is used in an EPUB 3.0 document that also has a fallback NCX ToC, use the fallback ToC.
- Fix a regression that broke the icon theme creation tool in the previous release
- Fix insert character dialog not reflowing characters on resize. Also only allow the search bar in the dialog to get input focus
Improved news sources
- The Hindu