Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 4.10.1 new features:
- Viewer: When searching have single and double quotes match their curly variants as well.
- Fix a regression that caused the edit metadata individually and convert individually actions to use the bulk actions when multiple books are selected.
- Linux: Fix a crash caused by broken/incompatible CUPS Qt system plugin.
- Viewer: Fix search shortcut button not focusing search input if the search panel is placed in a tab or a floating window
- Update Google Images cover download plugin for website markup changes
- Catalog generation: Ignore invalid pubdates
- Viewer: Stop autoscroll when changing page layout mode.
- zipfile: Fix regression that broke handling of zipfiles with internal filenames not encoded in UTF-8.
- Check Book: Turn off unique headings CSS warning
- DOCX Output: When a list item contains a nested listed but no text, it should be output as an empty list item.
Improved news sources:
The New Yorker
Download: Calibre 4.10.1 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 4.10.1 for MacOS | 154.0 MB
Download: Calibre 4.10.1 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware