Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 4.3 new features:
- Viewer: Halve the time taken to prepare large EPUB files for first open
- Viewer: Add an optional toolbar with common actions turn it on under Preferences->Miscellaneous
- Viewer: Change the default color scheme to "System" which matches the colors used by the rest of calibre/the operating system. Also means the colors change automatically when the system color theme changes.
- Viewer: Add a keyboard shortcut ; to go to a book location or position
- Viewer: Add a control to easily reset the interface to defaults
- Viewer: Allow also using --open-at with book positions
- Viewer: Add command line option to force reloading of books
- Content server: Fix conversion of comics not working.
- Book details: Allow right click to copy author links and identifiers
- Book details: Fix removal of identifiers via right click not working
- Book details: Fix clicking on tags etc not generating exact match searches
- Viewer: When resizing and the resizing back to the old size ensure we return to the same page in paged mode.
- Duplicates dialog: Sort sub-list of matching books already in calibre by author for easier inspection.
- PDF Output: Fix links that go to destinations in the same file not working.
- Viewer: Fix changes to keyboard shortcuts not being applied until viewer is restarted.
- DOCX Input: Fix AlternateContent blocks rendering both choice and fallback sections.
- macOS: Fix unable to re-arrange entries in the CSV catalog list.
- Windows: fix UTF-16/truncated output when reporting unhandled exceptions
- Viewer: Fix mouse wheel not working when mouse is over page margins.
- Linux: Install bash completions as individual files for each calibre binary
- Content server: Fix download button not working with non-ebook formats.
- Fix a crash in popup completion lists if the mouse is over the list and list is scrolled with the keyboard
- Viewer: Fix rare exception when navigating to a CFI.
- Viewer: Ignore failures printing console message when the viewer is launched with broken stderr.
- Amazon metadata: Fix failure to get published date from audible book pages.
- Viewer: Fix shortcuts preferences not being translated
- Tag browser: Fix incorrect text color when using dark theme for hovered item
- Fix crash if canceling the icon theme download while covers are downloading
- Viewer: Fix non-ASCII content in stylesheets not being interpreted correctly.
- Viewer/Content server: Fix history for completion popups such as search bars not being stored correctly.
- PDF Output: When a link with a fragment points to a non-existent anchor link to the top of the file instead of not linking at all
- PDF Output: Fix standard svg fullscreen image markup not working
- PDF Output: Fix some books with full screen images failing to convert.
Improved news sources:
Various Polish news sources
Download: Calibre 4.3.0 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 4.3.0 for MacOS | 154.0 MB
Download: Calibre 4.3.0 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware