Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 4.4 new features:
Viewer: Allow customizing what actions appear on the toolbar (Preferences->Miscellaneous->Customize toolbar).
Viewer: The --open-at command line argument now allows matching on ToC hrefs as well as titles
Book details window: Show path to book in cover tooltip.
Book details popup window: Add Open with actions to context menu when right clicking the cover image.
Edit book: Check book: Mark empty id attributes in the OPF as errors.
Viewer: Add a shortcut (Ctrl+F11) to toggle the toolbar
Bulk metadata download review dialog: When clicking cancel ask for confirmation if some books have already been reviewed
- PDF Output: Fix an error when using fonts with vertical metrics.
- Viewer: Fix flickering when scrollbar is enabled and the header/footer is too wide for the screen.
- PDF Output: Improve handling of images that do not fit on a page.
- Viewer: In paged mode break long text without spaces at arbitrary points instead of overflowing to the next page.
- Viewer: Fix hang when using --open-at with single instance viewer and the specified location is already open.
- Viewer: Fix opening .txt files in the standalone viewer leaving behind a temporary index.html file in the directory of the txt file.
- Linux: Make some cache removal code robust against un-decodeable filenames in the cache directories
- Viewer: Fix scrolling of panels in preferences causing artifacts.
- Viewer: improve appearance of controls on small screens.
- Move close button in viewer preferences to left to match the rest of the content server UI.
- Viewer: Fix restoring user stylesheet to default not being applied until a viewer restart
- Viewer: Do not wait for loading of tags that are not stylesheets.
- Viewer: When using the system color theme only override link colors in the book if the theme is dark.
Improved news sources:
Download: Calibre 4.4.0 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 4.4.0 for MacOS | 154.0 MB
Download: Calibre 4.4.0 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware