Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 4.9.1 new features:
- Viewer: Much improved search functionality
- Now all matches are displayed when searching in a side bar with a few words of context. Also supports searching using regular expressions.
- Edit book: The Check book function has a new, improved CSS checker with support for CSS 3
- Edit book: Add an "Open with" action to the context menu of the files browser to easily open files with external programs.
- Viewer toolbar: Add button to easily change color schemes
- version 4.9.1 fixes a couple of regressions in 4.9.0 with Check Book reporting false positives and an error when using the source editing view in the comments editor
- Comments editor: Fix inserted blank paragraph being rendered as two lines.
- PDF Output: Fix conversion of files containing canvas elements failing.
- Viewer: Fix failure to open some books that contain unparseable URLs.
- Viewer: Fix data displayed in side margins getting moved out of position when mouse hovers over side margin.
- Book details panel: When right clicking to save the cover, replace invalid characters in the suggested filename
- Fix harmless error popup when adding SSL key/certificate in server settings
- Dark mode: Fix colors in remove all formats except dialog
Improved news sources:
- Liberty Times
Download: Calibre 4.9.1 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 4.9.1 for MacOS | 154.0 MB
Download: Calibre 4.9.1 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware