Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 5.0.1 new features:
- For details on the major changes in calibre between 4.0 and 5.0, see https://calibre-ebook.com/new-in/fourteen
- E-book viewer: Add support for highlighting
- E-book viewer: Add support for right-to-left and vertical text
- Switch calibre to Python 3. This means that some no longer maintained third party plugins will not work. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326405
- Dark mode support for the Content server and E-book viewer user interfaces
- Content server's in-browser viewer now supports bookmarking. Bookmarks and highlights are auto-synced across devices.
- Regular expression engine used for searching the book list and reading metadata from filenames has been made more powerful.
Version 5.0.1 fixes a bug in 5.0.0 that broke connecting to devices on macOS
Download: Calibre 5.0.1 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 5.0.1 for MacOS | 160.0 MB
Download: Calibre 5.0.1 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware