Captura is an easy-to-use program that lets you record your onscreen activity. Captura records video, sound and pictures of anything you see on your screen. You can record your web cam sessions, favorite games, any software on your desktop, video displays on your screen, record audio of what you hear from your speakers. Use Captura to create training videos, presentations, screencasts, or any other task that requires capturing desktop activity. Captura can run unobtrusively while remaining minimized to the system tray. Record audio, cursor, mouse clicks and keystrokes. Captura is 100% free. You don't need to spend a penny.
Captura key features:
- Take screenshots
- Capture screencasts (Avi/Gif/Mp4)
- Capture with/without , mouse cursor
- Capture specific regions, screens or windows
- Capture mouse clicks or keystrokes
- Mix audio recorded from microphone and speaker output
- Capture from webcam.
- Can be used from command-line.
Captura 8.0 changelog (incomplete for now)
Audio / Video Sources
- Stop Window capture when Window is closed.
- fix: Mouse cursor position is wrong after moving region selector.
- fix: Unable to resize Region Selector after stopping recording.
- Desktop Duplication is supported with Variable Frame Rate Gif.
- fix: Desktop Duplication recording does not crash when Screen enters non-recordable mode. e.g. Sign-in screen.
- Added an option to playback recorded audio in real-time in Config | Extras.
- Record and ScreenShot buttons on Region Selector.
- Added Window picker and Screen picker which prompt for selector on starting recording or taking screenshot.
- More than 2 audio sources can be simultaneously recorded.
- Audio sources can be changed during recording. A checkbox next to the Audio heading determines whether audio will be recorded.
- Shows Error Message when bass.dll or bassmix.dll is not present.
- Hide when Recording option is configured on Region Selector itself.
- Refresh retains selected Audio/Video sources/codecs and Webcam.
- Basic drawing support in Region Selector.
- Added option to Preview while recording.
- Supports full screen view.
- Overlays are now configured on a separate window.
- Overlays can be positioned by dragging boxes over a Background on the window.
- Separate colors for Right and Middle mouse click overlays.
- Support for custom image overlays.
- Overlay customization from UI is used in Console.
- Option to display Mouse Pointer Overlay to make easier to track Mouse Pointer.
- Added minimal mouse click animation.
- Elapsed is separated from TextOverlays and can be toggled from Main View.
- Option to resize FFmpeg output video size.
- FFmpeg Log maintains multiple logs.
- FFmpeg Log copies complete output to clipboard.
- Multiple Custom FFmpeg Codecs.
- Increased FFmpeg thread_queue_size
- Ensure previous frame is written when writing asynchronously.
- Separate window to manage hotkeys with option to add, delete or edit action and keys.
- Added a minimal image editor.
- Added a new ScreenShot target: Editor.
- Added option to crop images.
Audio / Video Trimmer
- Added option to trim Audio and Video.
Added new translations
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- fix: captura shot failing for fullscreen screenshots.
- fix: Main window webcam preview position on high DPI.
- Duration is considered after Start Delay has elapsed.
- Duration and Start Delay are stored in Settings.
- Added option to use System Proxy.
- fix: Mouse Cursor moves slowly when recording from Command-line
- Webcam capture support from Command-line.
- Option to Minimize to System Tray on Startup.
- Option to Minimize to System Tray when Closed.
- Add a Translator window to aid in translation. Can be opened from About tab.
- More icons in the UI.
- Multiple selectable Screenshot Save Locations.
- Display Licenses in a Window.
- Notification Stack
- Added an Exception Dialog.
- Stop Recorder when Frames are not being writen. This happens when either the FrameRate is too high or a codec is slow. No of frames to be written are checked with a maximum value to determine whether to stop recording. This helps prevent crash from 100% RAM usage and causing the system to hang.
- Ability to delete uploaded images from Imgur
- Fix Cmdline Region capture
- Recent List maximum items to persist doesn't work
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware