CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and FREE!
CCleaner v4.18 enables you to set up automatic monitoring and cleaning for Internet browsers and your PC in general. For example, every time you close an Internet browser, CCleaner can perform an automatic clean of browser files and settings, or it can ask you if you want to run a clean. Similarly, CCleaner can monitor your PC and, every so often, detect whether it will benefit from a clean and either clean it automatically, or ask you if you want to run a clean. When you enable automatic monitoring, CCleaner will continue to run in the background and you’ll see an icon in the system tray. Do not close this icon or you will disable automatic monitoring and cleaning.
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Windows - Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner
- Third-party applications
What's new in build 4844:
Piriform quickly released a new build this afternoon as a result of the confusion that the Active System Monitoring caused in the last update.
Active Monitoring can now be disabled by:
- Open CCleaner, then click Options > Monitoring
- Disable System Monitoring by unticking the box next to "Enable System Monitoring"
- Disable Active Monitoring by unticking the box next to "Enable Active Monitoring", and click Yes when the confirmation box appears
What's new in CCleaner v4.18:
- Added Active System Monitoring for Free users
- Improved Firefox Saved Password cleaning.
- Improved Opera History cleaning.
- Improved 64-bit build architecture for Window 8 and 8.1.
- Added Ashampoo Burning Studio 14, XnView and FastStone Capture cleaning.
- Improved localization support.
- Minor GUI Improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.