Microsoft will be soon removing the Disk Clean-up Tool (Cleanmgr.exe) from Windows 10 PCs. Disk Cleanup is a Microsoft software utility first introduced with Windows 98 and included in all subsequent releases of Windows. It is a Windows system tool which lets you delete the unwanted files cluttered in your PC thereby freeing some space on your disk drive. With Windows 10, Microsoft will be retiring Disk Cleanup tool and replace it will Storage Sense. ''Storage Sense'' monitors your system for old and unused files and actively removes them on a regular schedule. For example, if you have files lying in your Recycle Bin for more than 30 days you won't have to delete them manually, this feature will help take care of it.
Cleanmgr+ is a portable app that builds upon the Microsoft Disk Clean-up Tool (Cleanmgr.exe) by adding additional features and deleting more junk than the Disk Clean-up Tool.
Notes: For a more thorough clean-up, please run Cleanmgr+ as Administrator, i.e. for a Windows update cleanup, the Windows update service needs to be stopped and restarted by Cleanmgr+ Therefore administrative privileges are required.
This is BETA software!, please use caution when running it on your system.
Changes in v0.8.2 RC2:
- Fixed critical bug when calculating the size of Previous Windows Installations (windows.old folder ~20 GB). This process greatly slowed down the Cleanmrg+ loading process and is skipped now by default (during start of Cleanmgr+).
- Optimized Preview function and calculation of files in subfolders. The Scripting engine ONLY includes root folders.
- Added Back "<" button to Settings window.
- Fixed numerous minor bugs
Cleanmgr+ 0.9.0 RC3 changelog:
- Numerous stability improvements
- Optimized start-up routine
- Added clean-up for DNS Cache
- Added clean-up for Print Queue
- Optimized clean-up of Windows Update files
- Optimized clean-up of Delivery Optimization files (fixed bug in restarting process dosvc)
- Revised preview function and the total amount of disk space that will be gained (ONLY disk space is showed as in the classic Microsoft Disk Cleanup. To view the full details including files, click on the caption of the "gained" space.
- Optimized clean-up of custom data sets (mycleaner.txt)
- Optimized function how Cleanmgr+ handles (stops and resumes) Windows services. The cleanup of certain areas, i.e. Windows Update requires this
- Optimized context menu of "+more" tab
- Fixed several UI bugs in Settings window
- Added link to open storage sense > hamburger/main menu
- Several Description corrections (bottom area and explanation of the data sets)
- Several spelling corrections
- Several minor bug fixes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware