Microsoft will be soon removing the Disk Clean-up Tool (Cleanmgr.exe) from Windows 10 PCs. Disk Cleanup is a Microsoft software utility first introduced with Windows 98 and included in all subsequent releases of Windows. It is a Windows system tool which lets you delete the unwanted files cluttered in your PC thereby freeing some space on your disk drive. With Windows 10, Microsoft will be retiring Disk Cleanup tool and replace it will Storage Sense. ''Storage Sense'' monitors your system for old and unused files and actively removes them on a regular schedule. For example, if you have files lying in your Recycle Bin for more than 30 days you won't have to delete them manually, this feature will help take care of it.
Cleanmgr+ is a portable app that builds upon the Microsoft Disk Clean-up Tool (Cleanmgr.exe) by adding additional features and deleting more junk than the Disk Clean-up Tool.
Notes: For a more thorough clean-up, please run Cleanmgr+ as Administrator, i.e. for a Windows update cleanup, the Windows update service needs to be stopped and restarted by Cleanmgr+ Therefore administrative privileges are required.
This is BETA software!, please use caution when running it on your system.
Cleanmgr+ 188.8.131.52 changelog:
Added support for Hibernation file in Disk Cleanup data set (Space calculation for this data set is disabled by default as long as the data set is unchecked)
Added support for Windows 10 OS Compression/Uncompression in Disk Cleanup data set
Optimized support System Error Memory Dump Files
Optimized support for Temporary Files
Optimized ItemCheck events
Minor UI Improvements
Minor bug fixes
Changes in v184.108.40.206:
- Added "Refresh" button to navigation in main meu (performs a refresh of free storage space and space that will be gained and resets all logs. Its like a restart of Cleanmgr+
- Optimized Overview "Space to gain" (just click on the link next to the caption "gain" to get an overview of used space)
- Added "Show System Info" feature to main/hamburger menu)
- Optimized Preview function in Disk Cleanup (Recursive Preview was not available for all Disk Cleanup data sets)
- Optimized Windows Update Cleanup (more thorough cleanup if administrative rights available)
- Optimized "gained" space overview
- Optimized support for Opera Cache (Script)
- Renamed Process name "Windows Disk Cleanup" > "Cleanmgr+"
- Fixed bug in "Check installed scripts" function (In some cases, it could lead to crash of Cleanmgr+)
- Fixed minor rounding (to MB) bug
- Optimized display of Versioning information
- Minor spelling corrections
- Numerous minor UI Improvements
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware