Microsoft will be soon removing the Disk Clean-up Tool (Cleanmgr.exe) from Windows 10 PCs. Disk Cleanup is a Microsoft software utility first introduced with Windows 98 and included in all subsequent releases of Windows. It is a Windows system tool which lets you delete the unwanted files cluttered in your PC thereby freeing some space on your disk drive. With Windows 10, Microsoft will be retiring Disk Cleanup tool and replace it will Storage Sense. ''Storage Sense'' monitors your system for old and unused files and actively removes them on a regular schedule. For example, if you have files lying in your Recycle Bin for more than 30 days you won't have to delete them manually, this feature will help take care of it.
Cleanmgr+ is a portable app that builds upon the Microsoft Disk Clean-up Tool (Cleanmgr.exe) by adding additional features and deleting more junk than the Disk Clean-up Tool.
Notes: For a more thorough clean-up, please run Cleanmgr+ as Administrator, i.e. for a Windows update cleanup, the Windows update service needs to be stopped and restarted by Cleanmgr+ Therefore administrative privileges are required.
Cleanmgr+ 188.8.131.520 changelog:
- New tabbed User Interface and optimized color schemes
- Better compatibility with AV vendors
- Added option to "Restart Cleanmgr+ as Administartor" (Main/Hamburger menu > Restart as Administrator)
- Optimized calculation of "space to gain" in Scripting engine (15-30% faster processing)
- Revised and purified several internal functions
- Removed cleanup "Previous Windows Installations" (Cleaning up Windows.old too early could break Windows 10 and after discussion with several Users and Microsoft this option has been removed now)
- Added initial cleanup for the new Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser (Script)
- Optimized cleanup of Windows Recylce Bin
- Optimized Update function
- Numerous minor UI Improvements
- Numerous minor bug fixes
Note: Please also use ONLY the latest windata.ini (in \bin\ directory) shipped with this Version of Cleanmgr+. Th windata.ini from older versions is NOT compatible with v1.1 of Cleanmgr+
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware