Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. FTP backup is also supported in both directions (download and upload).
Cobian Backup exists in two different versions: application and service. The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary.
Cobian Backup is not an usual backup application: it only copies your files and folders in original or compressed mode to other destination, creating a security copy as a result. So Cobian Backup can be better described as a "Scheduler for security copies". Cobian Backup supports several methods of compression and strong encryption.
Whats new in this version:
- Sorting the list by clicking on the list header was not working ok. Fixed
- When the list contained groups and you sorted the list, some taks would disappear. Fixed
- The program could hang when downloading or deleting files from some FTP severs like Serv-U version 6. Should be OK now.
- Draganddrop for the list items is now allowed ONLY when the All tasks tab is selected, to prevent chaos
- The speed of the tray icon animation has been slightly sped up
- Spanish language added
- French language updated
- Portugues-Brazil language updated
- Russian language updated
- Czech language updated
- Simplified chinese language updated
- Czech help file updated
- Polish language updated