This tool is a Swiss army knife for managing codecs and codec settings. Codec Tweak Tool will scan for broken filters and remove them. If the tool detects something that is broken, it will then prompt you with the details and you will be given the option to remove the broken item. Generate a detailed log of all installed codecs and filters, enable/disable more than 250 popular codecs and filters (if they are installed), manage preferred source filters, and reset settings.
With this tool you can do things like:
- Scan the registry to detect and remove broken references to codecs and filters.
- Enable/disable more than 200 popular codecs and filters (if they are installed).
- Manage preferred source filters (a.k.a. splitters).
- Detect broken codecs and DirectShow filters. Fix problems with the standard DirectShow filters of Windows. A fix for a specific sound problem.
- Generate a text file with detailed information about all installed codecs and DirectShow filters, along with other relevant system information.
- Reset settings to recommended values for many popular codecs and DirectShow filters.
- Configure audio output settings for several popular audio decoders.
- Several configuration options for a few DirectShow filters that don't have an easily accessible interface for those options.
- Easy access to the configuration interfaces of various codecs and DirectShow filters
- Backup the settings of several codecs and DirectShow filters.
- Replace your current settings with those from a previous backup.
- Manage DirectShow filters - Enable or disable DirectShow filters.
- Manage ACM/VFW codecs - Enable or disable ACM/VFW codecs.
- Enable or disable DirectX Media Objects.
- Configure your preferred DirectShow source filters (a.k.a. splitters) for several common file extensions.
- Enable or disable the generation of thumbnails for several common video file formats in Windows Explorer.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware