Creative ALchemy Project allows you to run your favorite DirectSound3D games on Windows Vista as the developers intended - with full hardware accelerated 3D Audio and EAX support! This is done by translating DirectSound calls into OpenAL. In order for this to happen, a couple of files need to be installed into each game directory. This is handled automatically by the ALchemy installer - but can also be performed manually by advanced users.
- Windows Vista
- SB X-Fi * series soundcard with native OpenAL 1.1 Support * Excludes SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio
- Added re-sizing horizontal scroll bars to game list boxes (so you can see the whole name!
- Added new ini file variable "GamePath" that lets you specify any path to a game folder (useful when you cant find a registry key)
- Added ability to multi-select games using the Shift key
- New Games: Baldurs Gate 2, Battlefield Vietnam, C & C Generals, Chronicles of Riddick, Dungeon Siege, Far Cry, GTA 3, GTA Vice City, Hitman 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, MDK2, Oblivion, Serious Sam 2 and Serious Sam First Encounter
- Removed re-sizing border from ALchemy application
- Fixed dsound.dll object reference counting issue (fixes Oblivion crash bug)
- Fixed dsound.dll incorrectly applying EAX properties to duplicated buffers
- Fixed dsound.dll duplicate sound buffer problem (fixes Far Cry, MDK2, Serious Sam 2 and many others)
Link: Home Page | Forum Discussion (Thanks Tantawi)