Today is a day we never thought would come, Duke Nukem Forever finally has a set in stone release date... May 3rd in America and May 6th in Europe. Hopefully it can live up to the hype and maybe we will try to get our hands on the demo. So todays news: A Crysis 2 Multiplayer demo just for the Xbox, LittleBigPlanet 2 has been doing very well since release, Bulletstorm on the PC will be 3D enabled thanks to Nvidia and the new EverQuest 2 expansion pack is now available for pre-order.
Xbox 360 News
Crysis 2 multiplayer demo on January 25
Microsoft have managed to pull of a bit of a coup thanks to EA announcing today, that Crysis 2 multiplayer demo will be released on the Xbox 360 only on January 25th. To go with the announcement EA have also released a brand new multiplayer trailer:
PlayStation 3 News
LittleBigPlanet 2 flies high
Although LittleBigPlanet 2 has only been out for a few days, Media Molecule, the company behind the game have stated to Eurogamer that they have already had more concurrent users playing at one time than the original title ever did. Even better news for both Media Molecule and Sony is the game is topping the multi-format charts in America and Europe already, and with the game released today in the UK it can only get better. We should have a full review of the game up this weekend, but you can't go wrong with getting it now!
Bulletstorm to go 3D thanks to Nvidia
News site Big Download has been told by Epic Games that upcoming first person shooter title Bulletstorm will make use of Nvidia's 3D Vision and 3DTV Play hardware and software. This isn't too much of a surprise as the profile for the game has already appeared in the latest set of Nvidia drivers released earlier this week, but it is good to know that more 3D titles are on the way.
EverQuest 2: Destiny of Velious Pre-Orders begin
SOE has announced that the next expansion pack for EverQuest 2 is nearly here, Destiny of Velious adds a host of new quests, mounts and raids along with a brand new story line. EverQuest 2: Destiny of Velious is due to be released on February 22nd and can be pre-ordered right now at a price of $39.99, while the collectors edition which contains new paintings and more will set you back $59.99. Here are the full details and story line for the game:
Following the events of EQII Sentinel's Fate™, the twin Swords of Destiny, Soulfire and the Qeynos Claymore, have been drained of their powers, setting the stage for the destruction of the EverQuest universe. The prophecy known as Age's End begins to unfold in the legendary continent of Velious and it is here where the war for Norrath will arise. For there to be any chance to save Norrath, the Swords of Destiny must be restored. Norrath’s guardians who undertake this burden will be tested by labyrinthine dungeons, the harsh Velious tundra and powerful creatures. To succeed would mean ultimate glory. To fail would mean annihilation.
- Soar high above Norrath with flying mounts
- Crawl your way through 10 dangerous dungeons
- Complete four new Heritage Quests
- Battle through more than 300 new quests
- Conquer one new massive contested dungeon
- Discover two new overland zones
- Defeat four new raid instances
- Collect more than 1,000 new weapons and items
- Journey through a new Signature Quest line
- Slay more than 30 new creatures
- Equip more than 100 new armor sets
COLLECTOR'S EDITON BONUS ITEMS: Players who pre-order and purchase the EQII Destiny of Velious Collector’s Edition will receive the following in-game items in addition to the regular edition features:
- Four Velious Portal Paintings
- Loyal Snow Hound Pet
- Tserrina’s Wedding Present House Item
- Cryomantic Armor Crate
- Everfrost Prestige Summer Home
- Stormfeather Brood Guardian Flying Mount Appearance
Hefty Call of Duty: Black Ops Patch released
Activision released a new patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops yesterday. The update is automatically downloaded via steam. The update contains the following fixes and improvements.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- MP Audio stuttering on certain systems.
- Playercards sometimes not showing properly.
- Added three Private Match Server Settings: Team Change, Team-Up Period, and Keep Balanced Teams.
- Added Alternate Color Scheme for accessibility: Settings / Multiplayer / Player Name Indicator.
- Changed Team-Up Period countdown interval to 10 seconds.
- Combat Training sessions are no longer counted in Server Browser Unranked tab.
- Friends on your team will now show as blue on your minimap.
- Prevention of various exploits.
- Objective markers localized for all languages.
- Various stability improvements
Call of Duty: Black Ops Rcon Tool
- Recognize new "invalid password" server response
Remember that you can discuss all of these games and more on our Gaming forums here at Neowin. If you have any gaming news you would like to see here, make sure you get in contact with us