DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
DaVinci Resolve 16.2 changelog:
Fairlight timeline editing toolset improvements
- New mouse and keyboard based editing toolset.
- User adjustable per track scalable waveform display.
- Keyboard shortcut editing actions now include fade, cut, select and move.
- Support for alt/option dragging clips to create a clip copy.
- Support for pasting clips across timelines.
- Support for bouncing individual audio clips to files.
- Support for dragging audio clips to separate tracks using modifiers.
- Support for dragging audio clips to specific positions using modifiers.
- Support for converting multichannel tracks into linked groups.
- Support for a user preference to align audio edits to frame boundaries.
- Support for an action to trim all audio edits to frame boundaries.
Fairlight sound library
- Release of the Fairlight sound library installer for foley effects.
- Support for searching and displaying sound library description metadata.
Effects and plugin management improvements
- Automatic sorting of AU and VST audio effects into types and categories.
- Favorite audio plugins are now displayed at the top of the mixer plugin list.
Additional immersive audio support
- Support for MPEG-H bussing and monitoring in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
- Improved pan and balance including the ability to constrain panning.
Track Index improvements
- Support for the edit index in the Fairlight page.
- Drag selection of tracks, mute, solo and record controls in the track index.
- Drag and drop reordering of audio tracks in the track index.
AAF import/export improvements
- Support for importing AAF sequences as new tracks in an existing timeline.
- Support for importing AAF sequences with an offset to an existing timeline.
- Support for importing multichannel tracks from an AAF as linked groups.
- Support for broadcast wave files when exporting an embedded AAF.
- Support for exporting audio cross fades and fade handles in AAF files.
Audio mixing improvements
- Support for additional notch filters in clip EQ.
- Support for new FairlightFX Meters.
- Support for new FairlightFX LFE Filter. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware