Deluge is a full-featured BitTorrent client for Linux, OS X, Unix and Windows. It uses libtorrent in it's backend and features multiple user-interfaces including: GTK+, web and console. It has been designed using the client server model with a daemon process that handles all the bittorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.
Deluge features a rich plugin collection; in fact, most of Deluge's functionality is available in the form of plugins. Deluge was created with the intention of being lightweight and unobtrusive.
Deluge has a wide-array of features, including:
- Core/UI split allowing Deluge to run as a daemon
- Connect remotely to the Deluge daemon
- Web UI
- Console UI
- GTK+ UI
- BitTorrent Protocol Encryption
- Mainline DHT
- Local Peer Discovery (aka LSD)
- FAST protocol extension
- µTorrent Peer Exchange
- UPnP and NAT-PMP
- Proxy support
- Web seed
- Private Torrents
- Global and per-torrent speed limits
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Password protection
- RSS (via Plugin)
- Other libtorrent features
- And much more!
Deluge 1.3.15 release notes:
A bug fix release that resolves a few issues introduced in 1.3.14 along with other minor fixes.
Network Proxy Settings:
- Since libtorrent 0.16 there has only been a single proxy that applies to all types (Peer, web, etc.) so to prevent bugs with accidentally unsetting the proxy values Deluge now only sets a single proxy but mirrors the settings from peer type to the other proxy types for user display only to show that proxy is enabled for all connections. In the GTKUI this means that the other types are greyed out and will be unable to be set. This is a stopgap measure for 1.3 code and is properly fixed for 2.0 release.
- Highly recommended to upgrade to this release as it contains a directory traversal security fix that once again has the real potential to compromise your machine.
- The dialog button locations will now be uniform across the application. A proper fix to copy the Windows OS button placement will be implemented for 2.x release.
- There is a confirmed shutdown bug with the standalone client (classic mode) so before shutting down or logging off on Windows, either ensure Deluge is closed or run in thinclient mode.