Deluge is a full-featured BitTorrent client for Linux, OS X, Unix and Windows. It uses libtorrent in it's backend and features multiple user-interfaces including: GTK+, web and console. It has been designed using the client server model with a daemon process that handles all the bittorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.
Deluge features a rich plugin collection; in fact, most of Deluge's functionality is available in the form of plugins. Deluge was created with the intention of being lightweight and unobtrusive.
Deluge has a wide-array of features, including:
- Core/UI split allowing Deluge to run as a daemon
- Connect remotely to the Deluge daemon
- Web UI
- Console UI
- GTK+ UI
- BitTorrent Protocol Encryption
- Mainline DHT
- Local Peer Discovery (aka LSD)
- FAST protocol extension
- µTorrent Peer Exchange
- UPnP and NAT-PMP
- Proxy support
- Web seed
- Private Torrents
- Global and per-torrent speed limits
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Password protection
- RSS (via Plugin)
- Other libtorrent features
- And much more!