Condusiv’s Diskeeper 16 with DRAM caching guarantees to fix worst performing physical servers or PCs with faster than new performance. Instead of “defragging,” Diskeeper 16’s newest patented engine ensures large, clean contiguous writes from Windows so fragmentation is no longer an issue for HDDs or SSDs. This eliminates the “death by a thousand cuts” scenario of small, tiny writes that inflates I/Os per second, robs throughput, and shortens the lifespan of HDDs and SSDs alike. Diskeeper 16 electrifies Windows system performance to operate faster than new with the addition of dynamic memory caching - using idle DRAM to serve hot reads without creating an issue of memory starvation or resource contention.
Diskeeper 16 Professional contains a toolkit of proactive and highly-efficient technologies:
- IntelliWrite® write I/O optimization technology prevents files from being fractured and broken apart into pieces, with each piece requiring its own I/O operation before being written to disk or SSD in a non-sequential manner. This stops the Windows phenomena of fragmentation from occurring before it becomes a problem.
- IntelliMemory® read I/O optimization technology intelligently caches active data from read requests using idle server memory. This further reduces I/O overhead to the underlying storage device, enabling organizations to get more performance and life from the hardware they already have.
- InvisiTasking® intelligent monitoring technology allows all "background" operations within the system to run with near-zero resource impact on current activities.
- Benefit Reporting displays the benefits provided to the system by revealing fragments eliminated and what that means to percentage of write and read I/O reduction and how much I/O time was saved on that system due to writing and reading files in a sequential state as opposed to fragmented state. It also shows the percentage of all read traffic that is cached from idle DRAM and what that means to time saved by serving reads from DRAM instead of the underlying storage device. See displays for free spaces consolidated and total I/Os removed from both write and read optimization and total time saved for any given period of time.
- I/O Performance Monitoring reveals key performance metrics like IOPS, throughput and latency. It reveals the amount of workload processed on the local system for any given time period. It also provides important memory usage information like total physical memory and min/max/avg of available memory and how much of that was used for cache. This helps administrators fine tune memory allocations to get the most from the IntelliMemory DRAM caching engine. If there is not sufficient available DRAM, users are not getting the best performance possible from Diskeeper.
- Analytics provides an hour-by-hour view for any time period to understand exactly what is happening on the local system related to key metrics like workload, read/write percentage, IOPS, throughput, I/O response time and benefits like write I/O reduction from IntelliWrite and read I/O reduction from IntelliMemory.
- Instant Defrag™ technology has been enhanced to monitor volumes to resolve critically fragmented files in real-time that are known to cause performance problems. This feature is turned off in the event of solid-state drives. This is the perfect complement to IntelliWrite in the rare instance that not all fragments were eliminated in the first place.
- HyperBoot® File Access Technology strategically moves files into a sequential order that minimizes the number of I/O requests during the boot process.
- HyperFast® SSD Optimizer Technology produces faster performance in solid-state drives running on Microsoft operating systems. The HyperFast feature includes TRIM functionality and is enabled only if a solid-state drive is recognized.
- Terabyte Volume Engine® Technology engineered to rapidly defragment volumes with hundreds of thousands of files.
- Efficient Mode in addition to an extensive defrag mode, Efficient Mode offers the greatest net gain in system I/O resource savings ever available. It immediately targets and eliminates only fragmentation that directly affects system performance that is on the system and Diskeeper automatically prevents most fragmentation after installation.
- Free Space Consolidation Engine swiftly consolidates free space and tightly integrates with Instant Defrag to handle new fragmentation as soon as it is created.
- Network Management Support ensures easy management of Diskeeper 16 settings and functionality across the network through the Diskeeper 16 Administrator edition or Group Policy.