Kaspersky Free provides comprehensive protection against various types of information security threats. Various functions and protection components are available as part of Kaspersky Free to deliver comprehensive protection.
Protection components are designed to protect the computer against various types of information security threats, network attacks, and fraud. Every type of threat is handled by an individual protection component (see the description of components in this section). You can enable and disable protection components, and configure their settings.
To keep Kaspersky Free up to date, you need to update the databases and application modules used by the application.
Kaspersky Free comprises:
- File Anti-Virus, which protects the computer file system.
- Mail Anti-Virus, which checks inbound and outbound mail for viruses and other malicious programs.
- Web Anti-Virus, which intercepts and blocks scripts on websites should they pose a threat to your computer. With Web Anti-Virus enabled, all traffic is controlled and dangerous websites are blocked automatically.
- IM Anti-Virus, which maintains security while using instant messaging applications.
- Anti-Phishing, which checks whether web-addresses are on the list of phishing websites.
- On-Screen Keyboard, which prevents malefactors from intercepting information that the user enters with a standard external keyboard.
System Watcher component rolls back the changes made to the operating system by malicious or other activity of applications.
Network Attack Blocker loads at operating system startup and tracks incoming network traffic for activities characteristic of network attacks. When an attempt to attack your computer is detected, Kaspersky Free blocks all network activity from the attacking computer that is aimed at your computer.
What's new in Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2019:
- It is now possible to scan scripts using Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI). AMSI is a standard Microsoft interface that allows scanning scripts and other objects. The component can only detect a threat and notify about it, but it does not handle threats. The component is available in Microsoft Windows 10 or later.
- Scanning of encrypted connections has been improved. You can now choose actions for sites that returned scan errors and add such sites to exclusions.
- It is now possible to disable decryption of Extended Validation (EV) certificates.
- The Tools window has been improved. Application features are now categorized to help you find specific features faster.
- The display of notifications has been improved. Notifications that are not critical for application performance are not displayed while the user is in full-screen mode.
- The Recommended settings window has been improved. The "Delete possibly infected objects" check box and the "Detect other software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data" check box have been added.
Note: This download also includes Kaspersky Secure Connection (optional), a VPN component. This free basic version of Kaspersky Secure Connection offers 200MB of data per day on any number of devices.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware