Skype is software that enables the world's conversations. Millions of individuals and businesses use Skype to make free video and voice calls, send instant messages and share files with other people on Skype. You can use Skype on whatever works best for you - on your mobile, computer or a TV with Skype on it. If you pay a little, you can do more – like call phones, access WiFi, send SMS and make group video calls. You can pay as you go or buy a subscription, whatever works for you. And in the world of business, this means you can bring your entire ecosystem of workers, partners and customers together to get things done. Try Skype today and start adding your friends, family and colleagues. They won’t be hard to find; hundreds of millions of people are already using Skype to do all sorts of things together. Skype is free to download and easy to use.
New features and improvements in Skype 6.2 for Windows include:
- New Toolbar: Re-designed top toolbar to bring together main actions in one place. Skype users will now have central access to Home, Calling Phones, Creating Groups and Adding Contacts all just above their contact list and recent conversations.
- eGifting: Skype user can now send a gift of credit to anyone they care about on their.
New Toolbar: All key actions are in one place – a simplified User Interface so that all the key actions you used to have above and below the contacts list are now in one location.
eGifting: Send a gift of credit to anyone on their birthday
When you get a birthday notification you can choose to gift someone with credit on their birthday. They can use the credit to call you or anyone they care about, at any time.
Full release notes for 126.96.36.199 are:
- New top toolbar with all major actions together in one place.
- Send eGift to friend who has a birthday
- Added option to send IM with ctrl+enter.
- Computers with Intel Pentium 3 or similar CPU’s, which do not support SSE2 instructions, are not supported anymore.