DU Meter is a user-friendly tool that enables you to use your Internet connection more efficiently. DU Meter lets you see how much of your full bandwidth potential is actually utilized at any given point, either by displaying a real-time graph, numerical display, or both. It works with Dial-Up, DSL, DSL, Cable Modem, and Ethernet cards. DU Meter can be configured to fit neatly in the blank space on your browser toolbar and uses only a very small amount of Windows resources. DU Meter installation involves no changes to your Windows system files.
DU Meter standard features include:
- Optional reporting to dumeter.net to track combined bandwidth usage from multiple computers on your network.
- Provides clear graphical and/or numerical display
- Now available in English, French, Spanish, German and Russian
- Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads
- If your networking traffic is not free (or it starts to cost you over a certain monthly limit), DU Meter can calculate and display total cost of traffic during this billing period. Peak/off-peak rates are supported too.
- Logging facility with export to many different file formats, including Excel and HTML
- Provides alerts either onscreen or via email for configurable limits
- Charting capability: reports module includes a customizable network traffic volume chart
- Works with Dial-Up, ISDN, Cable Modem, ADSL, Ethernet cards, amd more
- Option to select specific network interface
- Requires minimal screen real estate and system resources
- DU Meter mini mode allows you to quickly switch to mini mode to maximize screen real estate.
- New taskbar band also provides readout visibl;e in the system tray area
- Simple installation - Involves no changes to your Windows system files
- Configurable to load with Windows
- Auto-hide feature minimizes the meter to the system tray in the absence of network activity
- Readout in either kB/sec (kilobytes per second) or kbps (kilobits per second)
- Scalable to your own modem download capabilities
- Option to view readout in moment-to-moment or average values
- Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity drops
- below a certain level
- Useful stopwatch to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates
DU Meter 7.30 changelog:
- Improvement: Added a menu option to select current tab from the tray icon pop-up menu. This option is enabled only when click-through mode is active, as it's most useful in the click-through mode.
- Improvement: DU Meter window is no longer shown on an Alt-Tab list of windows.
- Fixed: click-through mode was incompatible with, and could not be enabled while in High-Contrast color mode.
- Miscellaneous minor fixes to localization and translation.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware