eMule connects to the eDonkey network and is one of the best P2P filesharing programs available today. It provides sharing of all kinds of media (video, audio, albums, pictures, documents, books, etc.) and software (applications, games, etc.). eDonkey combines the strengths of Gnutella (LimeWire), Direct Connect, FastTrack (Kazaa, iMesh), SoulSeek and BitTorrent while avoiding their problems. eMule doesnt rely on a central server, yet searches are quick and your client doesnt get bogged down with endless search requests. You have the ability to search all the files being shared anywhere on the network. It automatically resumes interrupted transfers from alternate sources. The client also incorporates a new serverless network based on Kademlia.
- Clients use several networks to create one reliable network (eDonkey, Source Exchange, Kademlia)
- eMules Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network
- eMule is completely free and Open Source under the restrictions of the GPL (General Public License)
- Each file checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error free file
- The eMule Intelligent Corruption Control helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts
- Auto priorities and Source management allows you to start many downloads without having to monitor them
- The Preview function allows you to look at your Videos and Archives before they are completed and more...
The main features of this version are
* First step torwards Vista by fixing most glitches and problems Vista had with eMule and by this also support of multi user installations (for all OSs)
* Support for UPnP
* A spam filter for search results
* Several GUI improvments like smiley support for IRC and messages, nicer file tooltips and so on
* And as always fixing several bugs and adding other small changes
For all the details, check out the complete changelog here.