Today, SCS Software finally announced the release date of its sixth map DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2, dubbed Road to the Black Sea. A selection of vistas from the locations players will soon be able to visit can be enjoyed in the launch trailer above.
Following 2013's Going East, 2015's Scandinavia, 2016's Vive la France!, 2017's Italia, and last year's Beyond the Baltic Sea, the latest map expansion adds Romania, Bulgaria, and the European part of Turkey - including Instanbul - to the already existing network of roads in the game.
As per the developer's own changelog, here's what this DLC will bring to the table:
- Over 10.000 kilometers of roads to drive on.
- Romania, Bulgaria, and European part of Turkey to explore
- Europe's largest city, Istanbul.
- 11 new local company docks and industries
- 20 new major cities and many smaller towns and settlements
- Famous landmarks and recognizable places
- Characteristic Balkan architecture
- Brand new unique 3D-assets
- Lush climate accordant vegetation
- Local AI trains, trams, and traffic cars
- Horse carts - for Bulgarian and Romanian countryside
- Border crossing - including features with various border controls
- River ferry over Danube (Dunaj)
- Black sea-region achievements to unlock
It's worth keeping in mind that previous map DLCs have retailed from €9.99 to €17.99 (identical pricing in U.S. dollars), depending on scale. There's no set price yet, but that should be revealed closer to the downloadable content's December 5 release date.