In an announcement that is sure to please the PC crowd, Microsoft has confirmed the Games for Windows release of Fable III, and also detailed the bonus-filled Collector’s Edition. News of a PC release shouldn't come as too much of a surprise after box art for the game featuring a “only on Xbox 360 & Windows” badge made the rounds last week.
The PC version will come in at $49.99/£39.99/€54.99, and will be available for download exclusively through Game for Windows in addition to a traditional retail release.
The book-like Xbox 360-only Collector’s Edition will be priced at $79.99/£59.99/€84.99 and will include:
- A new quest and “legendary” sword
- An exclusive location suited for raising a family
- A deck of Fable III playing cards
- A “Guild Seal Coin” featuring good (blue) and evil (red) sides
- A new dog breed, the Boxer
- Unique player outfits for both male and female players
There has been speculation that Fable III will be among the first of Microsoft's 1st-party titles to feature Project Natal support; a PC release could mean that Natal plans for the game have been scrapped, are non-essential, or that the new motion controller will be PC compatible.
Fable III is set for a holiday 2010 release, but with E3 mere weeks away, a specific release date announcement is imminent.