Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
What's new in Firefox 71.0:
Improvements to Lockwise, our integrated password manager:
- Firefox now recognizes subdomains and will autofill domain logins from Lockwise
- Integrated breach alerts from Firefox Monitor are now available to users with screen readers
More information about Enhanced Tracking Protection in action:
- Notifications when Firefox blocks cryptominers
- A running tally of blocked trackers in the protection panel accessed by clicking the address bar shield
- Picture-in-picture video comes to Firefox for Windows: Select the blue icon from the right edge of a video to pop open a floating window so you can keep watching while working in other tabs. Learn how the feature works.
- Native MP3 decoding on Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Various security fixes.
- Configuration page (about:config) reimplemented in HTML
- Firefox will now ship with Catalan (Valencian) (ca-valencia), Tagalog (tl), and Triqui (trs)
- New kiosk mode functionality, which allows maximum screen space for customer-facing displays
Added support for developers, including:
- DevTools’ Network panel can now inspect WebSocket messages and automatically formats a variety of framework formats
- Console’s new multi-line editor mode provides an IDE-like experience that makes it convenient to iterate on longer code snippets
- The Network panel’s new resource blocking can simulate the impact of tracking protection, security, service outages, and bad connectivity for more robust testing
- More features and improvements can be found every release in DevTools’ “What’s New” panel in en-US
- New videos every week on the Mozilla Developer YouTube channel
- Improvements to the website certificate viewer, with more features and more detailed information
- Improvements to the extensions downloads API for handling download failures
- Extension popup windows now include the extension name instead of its moz-extension:// url when using the windows.create API
- Extension-registered devtools panels now interact better with screen readers
Download: Firefox 71.0 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~40.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 71.0 for Linux | 64-bit | ~60.0 MB
Download: Firefox 71.0 for MacOS | 69.5 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware