Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Quantum is Mozilla's project to build the next-generation web engine for Firefox users, building on the Gecko engine as a solid foundation. Quantum will leverage the fearless concurrency of Rust and high-performance components of Servo to bring more parallelization and GPU offloading to Firefox.
Firefox (Quantum) users will be impressed by the modern new design that puts their needs first. With the new (fast and fluid Photon) design, Firefox leaps ahead with a new interface that reflects today’s reality of High DPI displays and users who are more task focused than they’ve ever been. Photon doesn’t just look good, it’s also smarter. If you’re using Photon on a Windows PC with a touch display, the menus change size based on whether you click with a mouse or touch with a finger.
Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
New in v61.0.2:
- Adds support for automatically restoring your Firefox session after Windows restarts. Currently, this feature is not enabled by default for most users, but will be gradually enabled over the coming weeks.
Firefox Quantum 61.0.2 fixes:
- Improved website rendering with the Retained Display List feature enabled (Bug 1474402)
- Fixed broken DevTools panels with certain extensions installed (Bug 1474379)
- Fixed a crash for users with some accessibility tools enabled (Bug 1474007)
- Reference link to 61.0.1 release notes
Download: Firefox 61.0.2 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~40.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 61.0.2 for Linux | 64-bit | ~50.0 MB
Download: Firefox 61.0.2 for MacOS | 52.7 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware