Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Quantum is Mozilla's project to build the next-generation web engine for Firefox users, building on the Gecko engine as a solid foundation. Quantum will leverage the fearless concurrency of Rust and high-performance components of Servo to bring more parallelization and GPU offloading to Firefox.
Firefox (Quantum) users will be impressed by the modern new design that puts their needs first. With the new (fast and fluid Photon) design, Firefox leaps ahead with a new interface that reflects today’s reality of High DPI displays and users who are more task focused than they’ve ever been. Photon doesn’t just look good, it’s also smarter. If you’re using Photon on a Windows PC with a touch display, the menus change size based on whether you click with a mouse or touch with a finger.
Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
Firefox 65.0.1 fixes:
- Fixed accidental requests to addons.mozilla.org when an addon recommendation doorhanger is shown (bug 1526387)
- Improved playback of interactive Netflix videos (bug 1524500)
- Fixed color management not working on macOS (bug 1506495)
- Fixed incorrect sizing of the "Clear Recent History" window in some situations (bug 1523696)
- Fixed audio & video delays while making WebRTC calls (bug 1521577 & bug 1523817)
- Fixed video sizing problems during some WebRTC calls (bug 1520200)
- Fixed looping CONNECT requests when using WebSockets over HTTP/2 from behind a proxy server (bug 1523427)
- Fixed the "Enter" key not working on password entry fields for certain Linux distributions (bug 1523635)
- Various stability and security fixes.
- Made support for viewport tags in Responsive Design Mode, initially enabled in Firefox 64, pref-controlled and off by default (bug 1521814). To restore the previous behavior, change the devtools.responsive.metaViewport.enabled pref to true.
Download: Firefox 65.0.1 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~40.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 65.0.1 for Linux | 64-bit | ~60.0 MB
Download: Firefox 65.0.1 for MacOS | 64.2 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware